Hello Hello!
We had a lot of service opportunities this week, which was fantastic! Wednesday we were at the art studio of a member in the ward in downtown Athens. Being there reminded me of downtown Boise. We were laying flooring in this studio. But it wasn't your normal everyday tile or wood flooring. It was paper and glue. This may sound weird but it looks awesome! We ripped and crumpled up a lot of brown paper, then we dipped it in wood glue and flattened it out across the floor, layering it on top of other pieces. It dried in different shades of brown, and has a cool antique crackle look to it. It is a very creative way to do flooring. But it took a lot out of us. We worked on this for 7 1/2 hours. Up and down, and on our knees. Needless to say, we were very sore the next day. I felt like I had arthritis from crumpling so much paper. But we were happy to do it.
Zone Conference was this week, and it was really good. I learned a lot of helpful things that I want to implement in my missionary work. An added bonus is that I got to see Sister Groneman, my companion from Suwanee. I love to talk to her about the work. They are having a lot of success over there. One thing we do a lot of at zone conferences is role playing. It is probably my least favorite thing to do on the mission, but I must be honest-it does help when we actually do teach. It's nice to get input from other missionaries on what we can do better in lessons.
We have a great week ahead of us. Every day is completely planned out, with the exception of maybe an hour or two. For once, we were actually finding it difficult to schedule someone in. I am excited to see what this week will bring.
My companion (who is also from the Boise area) just reminded me about the football game coming up this weekend. I don't know if you've realized this, but Boise State is playing the University of Georgia. Let me just say that living in Commerce, just 25 minutes away from UGA campus, is very dangerous when you're from Boise. These Georgians are very passionate about their football. Sister Smith has been trying to get the youth in the ward to wear a Boise State shirt to school on Friday. I don't know why, but no one seems to want to do it ;) It's a good thing I'm on a mission, so I don't have to worry about who I'm rooting for. But between you and me...I am leaning more towards the Broncos. But shhhh! Don't tell anyone ;)
Well, that's about it for my week here. I hope ya'll are doing well. I love you, and pray for you.
Love,
Sister Taylor
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment