Good Morning!
It seems as though our new ward newsletter was a success. We received a lot of positive comments about it which is really good. Hopefully next months newsletter will get people even more excited. Then the mission work in the Commerce Ward will hopefully take off. General Conference is coming up, and I am so excited! That is my favorite time of year. I love getting to hear the talks, then read them again in a month. I can't wait!
The Relief Society had a monthly meeting on Thursday. They did a really good job planning it. Several of the Sisters shared with everyone ways they can be thrifty. It was "This little Piggy..." themed. So they had classes on couponing and thrift store shopping (this little piggy went to market), decorating for cheap (this little piggy stayed home), canning food for storage (this little piggy had roast beef), a spiritual lesson on finding the good in every situation (this little piggy had none) and a spiritual lesson on enduring to the end (this little piggy cried wee wee wee all the way home). I really enjoyed it. It's amazing the different talents the Lord blesses people with.
Exciting news for the week...I got to experience Babyland General Hospital (The Cabbage Patch Factory). We also dragged a couple of Elders into it as well. Those poor Elders. They survived watching the delivery of a cabbage patch baby from a tree though. Sad to report, I didn't get to name the baby. I was too slow ;) But it was a fun way to spend our P-day.
We did a lot of contacting this week at the outlet mall. We walked around a couple of times handing out Mormon.org cards to everyone we saw. Hopefully we'll have some people contacting us wanting to learn more. We ought to get at least one out of the 40 cards we handed out.
I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Don't forget to read your Book of Mormon!
Love,
Sister Taylor
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment