Dear family and friends,
Transfer calls came this morning and there will be no change. I am staying in Commerce and will probably be here the rest of the year and maybe more.
I really enjoyed the General Relief Society Meeting on Saturday night. I felt like President Uchtdorf was speaking directly to me, as I'm sure a lot of women felt. The "forget not" point that I especially liked was the first one which was to "never forget to be patient with yourself." Patience is not one of my strongest attributes, especially when it comes to being patient with myself. But I do know that it is extremely important. Without patience other important Christ-like attributes seem to go down the drain as well. Attributes such as Charity, and even Faith. These are all attributes I am working on, and trying to develop more of.
The Mormon.org campaign here in Georgia is getting started a bit late. It will begin at the beginning of October and run through March of next year. I am really excited for it. One change they made to posting profiles on Mormon.org is that they are now allowing youth ages 14 and up to post a profile. So Cassidy, that means you! Statistics show that when they do this campaign in an area 99% of youth will be asked by friends about the campaign and why the church is doing it, and 50% of adults will be asked the same thing. So the youth are going to be the kingdom builders in this. They need to be ready, so that if a friend ever asks them, they will be prepared to give them an answer. In the training we learned that in a list of church rankings the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was high up there, but down at the bottom next to Jehovah's Witnesses were the Mormons. So we see through this that a lot of people don't understand that Mormons are Latter-day Saints. The point in this campaign is to get people to understand that Mormons are normal people who believe in Jesus Christ. Have you posted your profile on Mormon.org yet? If not go do it! Also, everyone is encouraged to "like" Mormon.org on Facebook. By doing so, you can share things from Mormon.org on your profile where non-members can see. That is a good way to show friends what you believe.
I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is my Savior and Redeemer, and He is the head of this church. I know that He is leading and guiding it through President Thomas S. Monson. I am excited for General Conference this coming weekend, and I encourage you all to go to conference prepared to receive revelation for your personal life. Have a question or two in mind that you would like an answer to, write it down, and then listen to the talks and really try to understand what the Spirit is telling you. I know that answers will come, if you truly seek. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ with all my heart.
Love always,
Sister Taylor
Monday, September 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment