Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Fold

Hello,

The work is still quite slow here in Commerce, however we are looking forward to starting our new idea. After a frustrating 2 1/2 hours of weekly planning (and getting no where with it) I saw some of the Friend magazines in a corner and had the idea of starting a ward magazine (more of a newsletter). We are going to choose a focus topic for each month's issue of The Fold. This month will be posting and sharing your Mormon.org profile. We are going to have a missionary message about the focus topic, conversion stories, a get to know families in the ward section, words of the prophets, etc. We started designing the first newsletter, and it turned out awesome! We are excited to finish it and get it out to the ward. We are hoping to get the ward more involved in and excited about missionary work.

I learned this week that 1. missionaries can be pro lizard catchers and 2. elderly women sure can fight. Every week we go visit a member in our ward (Me maw) who broke her leg and arm and is stuck in bed all day. She told us early in the week that when someone came by to visit they opened the door and a lizard scurried in, and that it was somewhere in the house. We didn't think much of it until a few days later when we came back. We were standing in Me maws kitchen when I was looking at her pretty teapots on a shelf. I spotted the lizard, but wasn't sure if it was fake or not until it moved. So I grabbed a plastic container and reached over to trap it and it jumped and scurried away. Luckily, I was able to run right over to it and trap it on the wall. That was quite an exciting event. Lizards are everywhere!

Now about the elderly women fighting...my favorite thing to do here is go to the nursing home to serve and visit people. We decided to stop in last night to visit one specific resident. While talking to her, another resident starts screaming and saying she was dieing (like she always does). Another resident was sick of it, so she told her that if she didn't shut up she would go over there and hit her. She wasn't lying. After a while she wheeled herself over there and smacked her on the mouth. It looked quite painful. Of course this made the lady mad and she started chasing her. Oh what a sight! But I just love going to the nursing home because there are some many wonderful people to talk to.

We do a lot of service and visiting the elderly, which I love. It's a good way to spend our time when we don't have anyone to teach. I love you all, and hope all is well!



Love,

Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment