Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy New Year

Hello fantastic friends and family,
Sorry for the late e-mail. Campus is DEAD, which means the campus library is closed until the 3rd of January. Luckily we were finally able to find a library that is not closed...what a blessing! Wow, the past couple of weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions for me. My last few days in Loganville were spent saying goodbye to all of the wonderful people we were working with and those I had the pleasure to meet and associate with. It was really hard for me to leave. This transfer was one of the best ones on my mission so far. We had a wonderful district meeting-very spiritual. I'm sure going to miss being in that district. However, I am excited about my new district.
I am already enjoying my time here in Athens on UGA campus. It is quite different though. From the time I got here (Wednesday) until Monday we have basically been having pdays. We were not allowed to active proselyte, so the Elders just took us on a tour of campus and we have been doing random things with members and missionaries. I greatly look forward to when there will be more people to talk to and teach.
Christmas on the mission was amazing! Some members in our apartment complex invited all of the missionaries from the complex to dinner on Christmas Eve. There were four Elders and two Sisters. We had dinner, played a get-to-know-you dice game, read the Nativity Story from Luke, and played games the rest of the night. What a sweet family, they even gave all of us missionaries a gift. Then on Christmas we were able to go to a Sacrament meeting. The two Athens wards were combined for a special Christmas program. There were three speakers and two special musical numbers.
After church a member from the branch came to pick up Elder Rogers, Elder Ashby, Sister Williams, and myself. She took us to her families house in Commerce (who I know and love from when I was serving there). They were having their family get-together and had a nice big dinner and a program. All four of us missionaries were able to skype our families on their different computers, which was fantastic! After skyping, we were included in their family tradition of trying on random hats and taking pictures. That is a tradition I would love to start in my family :) So fun! Then they brought out a TON of Christmas presents for the missionaries. They were way too nice to us. I feel so blessed to be around such great members who take such good care of the missionaries. Because of these members' kindness and hospitality, I had a wonderful Christmas.
Tomorrow marks my year mark of when I entered the MTC, and it is crazy to think about. It really doesn't seem like it has been that long. I have mixed feelings about how much time I have remaining. There are so many things I have learned on the mission thus far, and so many experiences that I have been blessed to have. I am so grateful to have been able to witness the baptism of my beautiful family from Suwanee. That is one of the fondest memories I have from this year. I am grateful for the witness I received that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. With that witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon came a witness that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God and that he really did see God, the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I have learned so much more than I ever expected, and I continue to learn and grow each and every day. I have gained a greater appreciation for service, and have learned what it truly means to be in the service of my God. I have learned a great deal about diligence and obedience. I know that blessings come from being exactly obedient, and doing all we can to bring others into the fold.
I look forward to the year ahead. I hope y'all have a happy New Year! Find joy in the journey, read your scriptures daily, and don't forget to pray!
with much love, Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment