Happy day to y'all,
I feel like my brain has completely left me. I've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to think of what happened this week. It hasn't been a bad week, just a long one. hmmm...
I guess I will start by giving some updates on some of our investigators. The S family is unfortunately not doing too well. They are excited and ready to be baptized, however Jimmy is constantly in and out of the hospital. This prevents them from coming to church and progressing towards baptism. As we were teaching them Saturday night, Jimmy didn't look too good and after we left he was taken back to the hospital. Right now he just needs an extra amount of prayers. Someday they will make it to their baptism, and what a grand day that will be. I look forward to it greatly!
Amber and Chrystal are doing fabulous! We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ this past week, and they are just soakin' all this new stuff up. They are taking time on their own to really do research and learn what we believe. (from the correct source of Mormon.org) I love spending time with those two because they are amazing!
Our last appointment with Scott and Anny went really well. They both said that they've already made up their minds...they are going to get baptized (which we knew). The only thing postponing it is a smoking problem. But thankfully the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change lives, and he will be able to gain the strength he needs to quit.
We were finally able to do the radio show again. It is back to working, so we should be on every Saturday morning at 9am (Georgia time). Not sure about Christmas Eve though. This time we discussed the talk "Forget Me Not" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf from this past General Conference. It was nice to be able to refresh my memory on what he told the Sisters. 1) Forget not to be patient with yourself 2) Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice 3) Forget not to be happy now 4) Forget not the "why" of the gospel 5) Forget not that the Lord loves you. Every time I read through that talk I gain something new from it and I am able to apply it to my life and what I am doing.
I have been going back and reading all of the talks from General Conference and I have really been loving them. This past week I read one by President Monson to the Priesthood "Dare to Stand Alone" and one by President Uchtdorf "You are not alone" Both were talks that the speakers in church yesterday used. I am grateful to have been able to read both and then hear different peoples' point of view concerning them. It is important to realize that we are never truly alone in life. We have a Father in Heaven who knows us and loves us very much. He is guiding our every steps. One point I especially liked in President Monson's talk was that even when you think you are alone, you're really not. But that when you think you are alone, it is still important to stand up for what you believe no matter what.
There have been many times on my mission when I have felt alone. It isn't easy being away from family and friends, and spending 24/7 with someone you just met. However, I know now that I am never alone. It is after my weakest moments that I realize there was someone helping me along the entire time. That someone has been and always will be my Savior, Jesus Christ. He knows everything I've been through and everything I will ever go through. I am so grateful for this time of year when I get to more fully reflect on the life of my Savior and all of the many things He has done for me. This year I have come to realize that not only did He take upon himself the sins of the world, but He did so much more than that. He organized the gospel of Jesus Christ. The same gospel that has brought me so much peace, love, and joy in life. Being out on a mission has truly been a blessing, because not only do I get to see the changes that come to other peoples' lives, but I also get to see the changes that are taking place within my own. I can say that I am becoming more fully converted as I serve. I am learning new things each and every day, and growing tremendously as I learn.
Thank you so so much for all of the support y'all have given me. I could not do this alone. I can feel the power of your prayers. I hope this Christmas season brings happiness and joy to your lives. Never forget what your Savior has done for you.
With love,
Sister Taylor
Monday, December 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment