Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Monday, December 19, 2011

Not turning my back on Boise State, but...

Happy week of Christmas!
Transfer calls came early this time around. We got them Saturday night instead of this morning, and I am very very very sad to say that I am being transferred. I have absolutely grown to love Loganville. Our investigators, the members, my district, everything about it! I will not be going far however. Only about 20-30 minutes I think. I am definitely not turning my back on the Broncos, but I am going to Dawg country. Yep, I'm getting transferred to UGA (University of Georgia) campus. This is the hardest area on the mission, simply because there are lots of bible bashers. Should be interesting. It will be even more interesting to see what happens on Christmas. The Branch is closed for the holidays because the students are off with their families. So, we have to find somewhere to go to church. My companion will be Sister Williams. She is super sweet and is from Pingree, Idaho. Over by Blackfoot on the way to Idaho Falls and Rexburg. We came out at the same time, she was just in the other district at the MTC. UGA is also the only area on the mission where Sisters do not have a car. I actually don't mind that in the least. I love walking around because it makes me feel like more of a missionary :)
No new updates on our investigators this week. Unfortunately nothing has changed with them. Jimmy is still sick and in and out of the hospital. Scott and Anny continue to do well...they came to church and got to stay for the entire time, including the linger longer afterwards. Chrystal and Amber are also continuing to do well. They stand up for what we believe when others try to attack our religion, which is great!
Sunday was fantastic! The ward had their Christmas program, and it turned out so well. A lot of really talented members sang Christmas songs. There was one lady who has the most amazing voice I have heard. She sang a really beautiful song called "Oh come, oh come, Emmanuel" Wish I could have a CD of her singing that. There was also this couple that sang Silent Night and it was especially touching to me. He actually served his mission years ago in Eagle, Idaho. He said he knows the Teuschers, which is way cool. After church the ward had a linger longer. A member who owns his own restaurant provided the meats...which were fantastic! And of course, being in the South, there were LOTS of really good side dishes.
We did the radio show again this past week. We just talked about a couple of things we are grateful for, especially this time of year. I talked about the Organization/Restoration of the gospel (specifically the Restoration of the Priesthood) and how that's been a blessing in my life, and the Atonement mingled with families being together for eternity. My companion talked about how she is grateful for Christ's humility and patience. The show went well. I am kinda sad I won't be doing it again, but it is also kind of a relief.
It is hard to believe Christmas is right around the corner. I have no clue what I will be doing, seeing as how no one will be on campus and we don't know anyone. May just be a nice quiet, contemplative Christmas for my companion and me. Which really wouldn't be too bad.
I know that Jesus Christ is the reason for the season. I am grateful for His birth and for the life He lived. I am also grateful to know that He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know He is there for me every step of my journey through this life, as is my Father in Heaven. I hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas! I miss you and love you! May this holiday season be filled with joy and happiness and thoughts of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Much love, Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment