Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Monday, January 2, 2012

Added verse to D&C 89

Hello Family and Friends,
Unfortunately, not a whole ton happened this week. However, I have a new scripture I made up to spice things up a bit. Add this to section 89 of the Doctrine and Covenants...shingles are also not for the body, but to be used wisely on the rooftops :) My poor companion probably nearly went insane this week because we were stuck in the apartment while I was sick. I found out I have shingles, and was in a great deal of pain for 4 days. Luckily the pain is not as bad now, and I am back to the work...sorta! We are waiting "patiently" for school to start and for people to be on campus. Then we will really be back to work. We have received a couple of referrals, and I am excited to contact them. One today, and one when school starts back up. Woohoo!
I have really been enjoying my study time lately. I can't seem to get enough of it. The Preach My Gospel manual is becoming my best friend. I can't believe it has taken me a year to really dive into it and love it. There seems to be so much useful information and tips on how to do missionary work that for some reason I have been missing as I look through it. But I am grateful for the time this week that I've had to really study it. I have been going back through the lessons we teach to just kinda refresh my memory and it has been great! I have been realizing how much I am leaving out of the lessons when I teach.
I am super excited for all of the students to get back next week. We are going to do lots and lots of teaching. That will be so good, because I have felt like I have been losing my teaching skills in my past two areas with a lack of people to teach. Also, I am super excited for the things I will learn this transfer from questions we receive. I've heard that the students here like to ask really deep questions that forces the missionaries to study more. I'm going to have to develop good study habits :)
The UGA Elders have a baptism coming up this Saturday. Their investigator John is getting baptized. He is really excited about it and he is so ready. Sister Williams and I met him one of our first days here when walking on campus. As he was nearing us I commented to my companion that the guy in front of us was carrying a Book of Mormon (jokingly, because I really thought it was a text book). I was ready to hand him a mormon.org card when he told us that he had just come from an appointment with the Elders, and he proceeded to show us his German Book of Mormon that he likes to carry around. We just had to laugh at that because my companion didn't believe me when I said he was carrying one, and I really just thought it was a text book. Anyway, John is a super nice guy and he hopes to serve a mission in his future.
The members around here are extremely kind. For the past two weeks we have had to go to Watkinsville (just outside of Athens) for church. The branch doesn't open back up until this Sunday. After Relief Society some of the sisters came up to us and asked if we were getting fed and how often the UGA sisters have dinner appointments. Sister Williams and I, being new to the area, didn't know. Anyway, they were super sweet and we ended up getting three dinner appointments this week with members from that ward. One family had 6 of us missionaries over...that's a lot for a member to take on. We, as missionaries, really do appreciate all of the kindness we are shown from the members.
I hope y'all are doing well and enjoying the new year. I want to continue to encourage you to read your Book of Mormon and pray daily. I am greatly uplifted and edified as I pray and read my scriptures daily. I know that the Spirit will enter into your lives as you allow it to. Have a wonderful week!
with much love, Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment