Monday, January 23, 2012
What do you want to BE?
Hello,
I honestly think this e-mail is going to be a bit of a dud, because once again my companion and I were not doing well health wise this week and we accomplished very little. The weather has been changing like crazy here. One day it is nice and warm (like today) and the next it is so cold you can barely stand to be outside for a few seconds. Since we don't have a car and we spend most of our time contacting outside we are left to brave the weather, resulting in a nasty cold for me and whatever is wrong with my companions stomach.
We did have one appointment with our investigator, Brielle. We taught the Plan of Salvation and a recent convert came to help us teach. It went really well, and Brielle said that everything just made sense to her. Our next step is to get her to church. We're hoping she will come this week to Stake Conference. We are hoping to really be able to fill our teaching pool with new investigators this week. Every Thursday we set up a booth on campus, and it is a great way to contact people. I think that is where we are going to get the majority of our investigators from.
I have read a couple of really good talks during my personal study this past week. One was given by Elder Lynn G. Robbins from the April 2011 General Conference, called "What Manner of Men and Women Ought Ye to Be?" He talked about how what we do is important, but what we become is much more important. One thing he said that stuck out to me was "Christlike to be's cannot be seen, but they are the motivating force behind what we do, which can be seen." He also talked about how people have to do lists, but rarely have to be lists. How often do we think about things we want to accomplish, things that may be good to do but may not have an impact on our eternal salvation? I know I definitely do. As I was thinking about it, I realized that when we look at our future usually we are thinking of things we want to do. Like go to college, get a job doing a specific thing we enjoy, get married, etc. But we should also be looking at what we want to be. I want to be successful, I want to be happy, I want to be a good daughter, sister, friend, and eventually wife and mother. The things I want to be far out weigh the things I want to do. This talk just really got me thinking about who I want to become, and I highly recommend reading it.
Have a marvelous week! Don't forget to read your Book of Mormon and create your mormon.org profile if you haven't already :)
with much love,
Sister Taylor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment