Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Monday, January 30, 2012

Thank you Assistants and Zone Leaders

Hello family and friends,
This has been one of those weeks in which I have felt like a chicken running around with it's head cut off. We got a transfer call on Wednesday from the assistants. (5 days early!!!) They started off by telling Sister Williams that she would be training a new sister. Automatically my thought was "where on earth would I be going after only 6 weeks?" We listened to them explain to us that we needed to be in Lilburn the next morning for a trainer meeting and go on and on about the details. Then they were finally kind enough to tell me that I wasn't getting transferred and that we are going to be in a companionship of 3. JOY! I am extremely happy that I am staying at UGA because I really enjoy being here. It will be interesting though to see what it's like to have more than just one companion. I haven't heard too many good things about companionship's of 3, but I am going to stay positive. We will be getting lots more work accomplished here because we can go to an area on campus where we are all within sight and sound of each other and contact 3 people at once. YES!
Because we are getting a new sister, we have to make adjustments in the apartment. We needed a new desk, so we took the huge kitchen table upstairs to the study room and somehow smashed it in there with the other two huge desks :) Now we just need a new kitchen table. Then we had to get the assistants to deliver a third bed, which we somehow smashed in the room :) On a happy note, our apartment is a lot cleaner because we have been re-arranging and cleaning up for the new sister.
After cleaning and re-arranging and trying to figure out a ride for Wednesday's transfer, the Zone Leaders had the nerve of calling this morning and saying "change of plans-you're getting whitewashed out of here". Ummm...hold on a second, I was just whitewashed into this area 6 weeks ago and now they're going to whitewash me into a new area? Nope, "we're kidding" they say. They about gave me a heart attack with their "friendly" joke. Now I think it's a little funny. HA HA.
Well, as for updates on our investigators. Star dropped us because she said she wasn't ready to accept a faith. I saw that one coming because of the way our last two appointments went, but I am confident that at some point in her future she will be ready to accept God into her life. She is a super sweet, super smart girl. Brielle is doing fantastic! I love being able to teach and get to know her. We tried to set a baptismal date with her on Wednesday, but she wanted to take a week to pray about it and ask God when she should be baptized. So this Wednesday she will let us know when she would like to. I am really excited for the lesson because it will be the first one for the new sister coming in. She's going to be jumping right on in to the work here on campus. This will be a great area for her to start in because she will quickly learn to get outside her comfort zone, and it will really set the tone for how the rest of her mission will be. I kind of wish I had started the mission here.
We have a good week ahead of us. We are going to do lots and lots of contacting, and hopefully find more people to teach. Wahoo! I hope y'all have a wonderfully fantastic week! Don't forget to read your Book of Mormon and find answers to the questions you may have at this time. I know you will find the answers you are sincerely seeking for.
with much love, Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment