Hello family and friends,
Burr, it is very very cold outside. It is pretty though. The colors of fall are beautiful here. At the request of my mother, I have been taking some pictures. I have been unable to get a picture of the trees I want too though because they are along a busy road. But just trust me when I say they are beautiful. I will attach one picture of some trees in front of the church. You can see the pretty color of the leaves.
Also attached (hopefully) is a picture taken at the Commerce Ward fall festival. It was held at the Relief Society President's farm. Another member brought two of his oxen, which are used in Nauvoo at the church historical sites. I thought it would be cool to get a picture by the famous oxen :) The fall festival was an absolute blast! They do a really good job planning ward activities here. They had all sorts of fun activities, ranging from a bean bag toss and ooey ooey gooey game to nail hammering and log saw contests. They also had the traditional hay ride around the farm and of course a chili cook-off. My companion and I got to be in charge of judging the costumes. (it sounds fun at first, but when there are a lot of cute kids wanting to be picked it becomes quite difficult) We had a treat for everyone though, so it turned out well. The best family costume was definitely a couple dressed up as bakers and their baby was their cookie. So clever and cute! For a couple of weeks we have been taking invitations around to people in the ward and also a bunch of neighbors. We were excited to see multiple less-active families there that we had invited. They seemed to have a good time and the ward was happy to see them there.
The M family that we've been working with had us over for dinner the other night, and whenever they feed us it is always something really good that I've never tried before (minus her delicious homemade pizza). For some reason the topic of weird foods came up and they asked if we've ever tried tongue. Of course I haven't, so they said that next time that's what we'll have. I am actually rather excited to try that. I've heard from multiple people that it tastes good. We shall see :) I absolutely love the M family. They are so amazing, and I would find great joy in talking to them for hours. They are progressing a little bit more, and hopefully will be able to get baptized in the near future.
My challenge to all y'all this week is to read Jacob 5 in the Book of Mormon. Why? Because even though it is difficult to understand at first, it has some good stuff in it. I'm still trying to understand it, but I feel like I'm learning more and more each time I read. Especially since I know more about the gospel since being out on the mission. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that we can gain a lot from reading it.
I love hope y'all have a wonderful week! Happy Halloween!
Love,
Sister Taylor
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment