Dear family and friends,
Let me just say that Idaho has NOTHING on Georgia when it comes to cold. I have absolutely no clue why people from here complain and talk about how cold it is in Idaho. I'm practically freezing my tail off here, and it's 55-60 degrees. The humidity is torture-whether in the heat or the cold. But I love Georgia nonetheless. The temperature has been fluctuating a lot though. This week it has been down into the 40's and up into the upper 70's. One day I'll be wearing my coat and the next I will be in short sleeves. Sheesh!
Well, this week was a little rough. All of our important appointments fell through. Always a disappointment when that happens. But we were able to find things to do. Oh my goodness, I almost forgot the best news ever, and I just remembered!!! We just got a new senior couple in the mission, actually in the area right next to mine. They are from Twin Falls, and are on their fifth mission together. Amazing people! The best part is that they are my friends Grandparents. Elder Lundgren looks just like my friend, Ryan and just like Ryan's dad. It totally made my week to find out that they were in my district. Elder Lundgren also reminds me of Grandpa Taylor. I hope I get to serve around them for a while because it makes me feel close to my friends, and Grandpa. (Is that bad? haha) So to Jenni and Ryan...I'm sure they say hi :)
Beware, if you ever come to Georgia around Halloween time be on the look out for ridiculously tall monster things lurking around. We were minding our own business the other night in a McDonald's parking lot and then we saw this Halloween creature, which you would have to be completely blind to miss because this thing was like 8 feet tall. No joke! Anyway, everything is a photo opp to me, so I asked if I could get a picture with him. Of course he said yes! Boy did I feel short standing next to him. But it makes for a good memory in the future.
Hmmm....not much else to report on this week, it was a rather slow week. Next week will be better, because I am expecting to meet lots of new people at our ward Fall Festival. After all, we have only handed out about a million invitations to people ;) Someone is bound to come, right?! Oh yeah, and we had my favorite Sacrament Meeting of the year yesterday. The time in which the adorable little Primary children did their program. Oh, it was just too sweet to watch!
Well, I hope y'all are doing well (and by the way, a true Southerner told me the other day that I had a Southern accent. It totally made my day because I gave up on ever picking up the accent months ago when I was moved to Suwanee...YIPPEE!) and that you have a wonderful week! Take care, and don't forget to read your Book of Mormon!
Love,
Sister Taylor
P.S. "I know the Scriptures are true!"
Monday, October 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment