Hello family and friends,
The title of this letter really has nothing to do with what I will talk about, it was just something funny I heard a teacher say to her 4 year old student at the library. People in the South sure do like their biscuits! (they even sell biscuits at McDonalds...interesting!) Anyway...
This week has been really good. Sister Smith and I were able to reach a lot of the goals we had set. We have also opened up more and have been able to share the gospel with more people. Highlight of the week... we finally got a new investigator. We have had no new investigators since I came here (3 months ago) so this is big for us! Lamanda is a resident at the nursing home we help out at. We have visited her every week for about a month, and we always enjoy talking to her. One of our goals this week was to ask her if she would allow us to teach her. She didn't have to even think about it, she was quick to respond with a yes! The first lesson went well. We taught the Restoration and ended with the Book of Mormon. When we asked if she's heard of it before she told us that she had seen commercials on television in the past about receiving a free Book of Mormon. She wanted to get one, but never ended up doing so. She accepted a copy and said she would read. I am looking forward to our next lesson with her. She is such a sweet lady. I can tell she loves her family because she is always talking about her nieces and nephews, and how much she loves seeing them.
We were finally able to get some Spanish missionaries to talk to Carla. We have been trying for the past couple months to come up with a way to teach her, because she only knows a little English (not enough to be taught the gospel). So they taught her part of the first lesson, and found out she is not interested in being taught. (which we suspected, but we wanted to give her the opportunity in her own language anyway) They told us that her interest in the Book of Mormon was peaked though. So they gave her some scriptures to read. Although we can't teach her, she still allows us to come do Family Home Evening with them, and that is great! Their family is amazing, and I love them!
I am grateful for the chance to give people an opportunity to hear the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the gospel with all my heart, and I love sharing that with other people. I hope ya'll will also go out and share your testimonies of the Savior and His church with those you come in contact with.
Have a super week!
Love,
Sister Taylor
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment