Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hello family and friends,

Time sure flies by here. By the end of each day I think about what happened, and sometimes can't even remember what I did that morning. I am loving being here at the MTC. I learn so much every day; about the gospel and about myself. I feel my testimony grow through each experience I have here.
We have so many opportunities to teach. Sometimes we teach members from our district or zone, and about twice a week we teach an investigator. And let me tell you, we are getting quite the experience doing that. My first appointment with an "investigator" was far from ideal. I came out of the lesson in tears, and for several days after lacked the confidence to teach. But thankfully our next appointment went well. I went out of it with so much excitement and confidence. We actually get to go back and teach her the second lesson tomorrow. I am so excited.

My knowledge of the gospel is growing and I'm gaining more confidence in my teaching. I am learning to love my companion and am progressing slowly but surely at leading. Because of the special/different companionship I am in I have had to learn at a different and slower pace than everyone else in my district. I am sure that once I get to Georgia I will have to learn different techniques on how to work well with my future companions. But I am sure it will be for my benefit.

The other sisters in my district (Sister Brack and Sister Graves) are amazing. I love spending time with them. As well as my coordinating sister, Sister Brand. The best part of my days are when I get to see Alyssa (or as I have to call her, Hermana Taylor). I see her at nearly every meal, and at gym when we have it. I don't think it has set in quite yet that in just 1 week I won't be seeing her. I try not to think about it though.

I think I mentioned in the last letter that my teachers are absolutely wonderful. I LOVE my teachers! Brother Snyder and Brother Terry taught the first week, and now we have Sister Swan instead of Brother Terry. They have all been equally wonderful. Each has given me great advice on how to improve my companionship. They really do care about my district and helping us out in any way possible. They make me want to stay at the MTC for my entire mission.

I have noticed that since I've been here I've had songs stuck in my head just about every moment of the day. Sometimes completely random ones (like the theme from Oliver and Company) but mostly hymns that we have sung during that day. We can't listen to music here, so that's probably why they're constantly running through my mind. You would all probably be impressed to know that I have not been thinking about Africa and talking about it every waking moment. But for some reason I have had the South Africa national anthem stuck in my head.

Last nights devotional was amazing. Elder Holland (my fav. apostle) came to speak. I had the opportunity to sing in the MTC choir during it. I gained so much from the talk and we even sang my favorite hymn at the end. "Because I have been given much." The talk was exactly what I needed. It gave me the hope and confidence I needed.
Well I'm out of time. I love you all, and hope you are well.

Love,
Sister Becca Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment