Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First letter from the MTC

Hello Family and Friends,
I arrived at the MTC early, and was able to get a tour of it right away. It's a nice atmosphere, and definitely a good place to be. I have learned so much more than I ever could have imagined just this first week. It has been amazing. My testimony has definitely grown. I will not lie though, the first few days were extremely hard on me. Not necessarily because i'm homesick, but because I have a difficult companionship. But it's getting better, and i'm learning to be more patient. I was called as Senior Companion...that is something I never expected to happen at the beginning of my mission. But it's a good learning experience for me, and i'm glad I get this opportunity.

I have the most amazing district EVER!!! The Elders are so respectful towards the Sisters. We are becoming really good friends. The best part is that we work well together and have wonderful discussions. Everyone stays on task and works really hard. It's definitely something that has blessed me. My teachers are also amazing. Brother Snyder and Brother Terry have helped me so much. Especially during my struggles with my companionship.
We have been teaching "investigators" and other companionships in the district every day. Teaching has been difficult, but I feel myself getting better at it. We go to the TRC (I think it is Teaching Resourse Center) two times a week to teach the investigators.
Tuesdays devotional was really good. Elder David S. Baxter from the Seventy came to speak. Sunday was the most amazing day though. Our fast and testimony meeting was exactly what I needed. Wonderful testimonies were born that helped to strengthen mine.

Unfortunately i'm out of time now, but I want you to know that i'm doing well. I'm learning and growing so much, and feel so blessed to be here. Thanks for all of the support you've given me. Don't forget to write me through dearelder :) I love getting letters! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Becca Taylor

P.S. You can send emails through dearelder.com. Sign up for free and send letters for free to the Provo MTC, but don't forget that I leave here on January 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment