Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Monday, May 14, 2012

"Choosy Mothers Choose Jesus"

Howdy ho y'all,
I have two videos worth watching that y'all should check out. The first is http://bcove.me/0lpohk3z "Love One Another" and the other is http://mormonchannel.org/mormonmessages?v=1101413030001 "Child of God".
This week has been full of tracting and contacting. Something I'm not particularly fond of, but will do if necessary. We did meet a really nice guy who is not a member and neither is his wife, but she goes to the family history center every week. I thought that was pretty awesome! I'm glad the family history center is used by members and non-members alike. Just like it should be :)
Oh my goodness, I just totally remembered a funny tracting experience I had this week. I can't believe I almost forgot. But let me tell you, I am sitting in the library and about laughed out loud remembering this. Good thing I have self control ;) One day while tracting a neighborhood just down the street from our complex we came across this guy who was willing to listen and seemed interested. But when he asked what makes our religion different from other Christian religions I responded that we believe in continued revelation and that we have a Prophet on the earth today and then he started to laugh. He does not believe that, which is fine. But then he saw Sister Bulouniwasa's planner with a picture of Christ on it, and he practically blew his top. He started going off about how that wasn't Christ because if you read the bible you would know that He wasn't white. Then he proceeded to tell me that God doesn't love me (in a round about way of course) because I'm not black. My initial reaction was to be offended, but then I just had to giggle inside because he was so convinced that God doesn't love all of His children. But I know that He loves everyone, black, white, purple, or zebra striped. That's not where he ended though...he kept telling my companion that she needs to do her research and really find out for herself. Since she is from Fiji, she is dark skinned. So of course, in his mind, she is accepted by God. Anyway...gotta love those tracting experiences. They're a lot better than contacting because people really open up when they're not surrounded by people in public.
That was basically my week this week. Lots of walking and talking. We're really hoping to have more teaching appointments this next week. Teaching is so much better than finding :) Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms. I am so grateful for my mom, and all that she has done for me throughout my life. Always remember...in the words of a baptist, "Choosy mom's choose Jesus!" My Mom has definitely taught me to follow the example of Christ, and she has taught me of His love. I know He lives and He is our Savior and Redeemer.
with much love, Sister Taylor
P.S. Pictures...1 and 2- we had fun taking pics next to some statues. 3. I'll take Jesus over peanut butter any day :) Choosy mothers DON'T choose Jiff...they choose Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment