Monday, February 13, 2012
Luck with the formers
Hello family and friends,
The weather continues to surprise me each and every day. The beginning of the week was quite warm...we walked around with short sleeved shirts. But this weekend has been extremely cold. Actually, on Saturday is was super bad. Luckily we were inside planning the majority of the day because when we stepped outside we thought we were going to freeze to death. We heard it is supposed to snow tonight...I kinda hope so. I miss seeing snow :)
It has been another wonderful week. We walked all over campus several times everyday this week. We met several really awesome students who said they want to learn more about the message we share. Our weekly planning session was also super successful. In our area book is a stack of former investigators, and I decided to go through and call every single one of them. So I spent a couple hours on the phone calling about 40-50 formers. We ended up getting 4 set appointments and a few others that really want to meet but just need to look at their schedules. We are extremely excited about these appointments. Our week is filling up quite fast.
Sister Young is such a great help to the work here at UGA. She has an amazing testimony, and is a natural at teaching. She always has really great insights as well. I look forward to this transfer, and hopefully more with her. The three of us get along really well, and we have a great time working together.
Great news! Chrystal and Amber (from my last area) are getting baptized. One this coming Sunday and the other the Sunday after. President Wolfert also gave me permission to go to Monroe for them. I am so excited to see them again. They are absolutely amazing, and I am so glad to hear that they have been making the changes necessary to enter into this covenant with their Father in Heaven. It goes to show that anything is possible when you have faith in the Savior and His Atonement. These really are miracle baptisms!
There were some great talks given in the branch yesterday. One girl spoke about prayer and talked about how quick people are to use their phones, facebook, email, and other forms of communication to talk to friends, but how slow they are to call on our Father in Heaven. She talked about how we need to prioritize our communications and make time to pray each day. It was just a simple reminder to me that Heavenly Father always has a listening ear, and He is willing to listen any time of the day. We don't need an appointment to talk to Him.
I hope all is well, and that y'all are enjoying life. Have a wondeful week and don't forget to share your mormon.org profiles that I know you've made ;)
Love,
Sister Taylor
P.S. Pictures! The first is My companions and me by Sanford Stadium and the second is of me standing on an awesome hidden tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment