Hello everyone,
It is SO good to be back in Loganville, my 2nd home away from home. (The first would be Suwanee :) It's rather interesting to see who remembers me and who doesn't. Yes, there have been a few who have admitted not remembering me. Which is understandable because there are so many missionaries coming and going from each ward. I am grateful to be back, and I am extremely grateful for my new companion. Sister Teisina was in the MTC with me (in another district). I have always hoped I would get to be with her, but never thought it would happen since we came out together. She is from Hawaii, so as you can imagine she knows a lot of hula dances. I am lucky enough to get to learn some :) She is teaching the Relief Society and the Young Women a couple of hula dances, which they will perform at the ward New Years Eve party. We are also planning on doing a hula dance for the mission's Christmas party.
Another perk to being back in Loganville is that I get to do the radio show again. If you'd like to tune in just Google "Power 1021 FM" and click the first option and then click "Listen Live" We do it at 9am every Saturday (that would be 7am Mountain Time). It may say "Truth Restored" somewhere. We tried to do it this past Saturday, but there were some complications and we were not able to do it. Hopefully next week it will be working again.
It has been great being able to see past investigators and ward members that I knew back in March. One unfortunate part of the week was that we went to a memorial (funeral) on Saturday for an investigators husband. I knew him when I was here before, but he had gotten sick since then and just passed away. Yesterday when going to visit his wife we found out she was in the hospital. So we went to the hospital to see her, as well as another investigator the Sisters have been working with. Thankfully they both get out of the hospital today. I'm hoping things will settle down soon and we'll be able to teach them when they are healthy.
We have a few investigators here that are queued up for baptism. One was a member referral. I'm not really sure how long the Sisters have been teaching them. But it is a couple, Scott and Anny. We just need to work on a few things, but Scott has already said that he wants to be baptized. Also, we have a family that we're working with as well. Priscilla (the mom) knows that what she's been taught is true, she's just waiting on her husband and kids. The husband, Jimmy, is the one who is in the hospital but he invited us to come over tonight after he gets out. Then I will get to officially meet them.
I don't know why I was put back in Loganville, but I feel so blessed to be back here. There is work to be done, and I am excited to work hard and get things done with Sister Teisina. This is going to be a fantastic transfer. I hope all is well, and that y'all have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Taylor
Monday, November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment