Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Monday, June 6, 2011

Mission Work in Suwanee

Hello family and friends,

The beginning of the week we tried so hard every day to get in with Mirian so that we could teach her everything and prepare her for baptism. It started out great! Every time we went over they were home and ready to be taught. Then Wednesday rolled around and one of our appointments went longer than expected and went straight through our appointment with Mirian. I was extremely frustrated with this. We knew that if we wanted to get all of the lessons done before the baptism, we had to meet every single day. We went over Thursday with the intent of teaching double. We get there and Mirian Sr and Mirian Jr were on their way out. We told them that we wanted to teach her so we could prepare her to which her mom replied in a question to Mirian Jr "what did I tell you about this?" Mirian Jr. then said that she was too young to be baptized. What a disappointment. We have tried so hard to explain to Mirian Sr the importance of baptism, and we thought she understood. Though we were very discouraged and sad after hearing this, we realized that this doesn't mean she will never be baptized. We know that the missionaries in Texas will get in to teach them, and sometime she will be able to make that covenant with her Father in Heaven. All is well!

On a more happy note, Roger is progressing and doing really well. We just started the "stop smoking program" with him today. We went over this morning to deep clean his house so that the cigarette smell was not lingering and tempting him. This is a 7 day program that is guaranteed to work as long as he follows all 15 steps every day. We knew that this was going to be hard for him, so Sister Groneman and I decided that we would give up something for the 7 days as well. We both want to lose some weight, so we are going on an 80 carb diet recommended by our mission doctor. It is going to be extremely difficult, but hopefully it is motivation for Roger to stick with his program. He is such a great guy and really wants to change his life around. I am excited to see how much more he progresses this week.

We now have a new district/zone. I loved the old one, but I love the new one just as much. Everyone gets along so well, and the Elders are extremely nice. It helps to have Sister lovers. There are three types of Elders...Sister lovers, Sister haters, and ones that don't care. For our "P" day activity today we are going to a Braves game. It's going to be AWESOME!

I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday. I was called Saturday night 5 minutes before I had to be in bed. They said someone cancelled, so of course they turn to the new missionary in the area as back up. It was only a 5 minute talk, so thankfully I had time to plan it.
Well, not a lot happened this week. Sorry I don't have much to report on. Until next week, don't forget to read your Book of Mormon.

Love,
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment