Monday, March 12, 2012
One YSA to another
Hello Everyone!
All is well here in the land of Athens, Georgia. News for this week is that I am being transferred on Wednesday. I am moving from one YSA (Young Single Adults) branch to another. It will be a fun and exciting move for me because I am leaving Athens Zone. All but one of my area's so far have been in this zone and I'm kinda ready for a change in scenery. I think that this is going to be my last area. My new companion is Sister Kjiersta (I think that's how you spell it ) Hinckley. Yes she is related to Gordon B. Hinckley :) She came out during the Temple open house, so about 11 months ago. Another exciting aspect of this transfer is that we will be whitewashing (two missionaries leave, and a new set comes in with neither knowing the area beforehand). The two Elders currently serving there are done with their missions, so we will have some fun figuring things out.
With this week being spring break at UGA, the work has been slowly dying down. Students started leaving on Thursday, so there have not been as many people on campus to talk to. This should be an interesting week for Sister Williams and Sister Young. It will be much like the break we had during Christmas...very little to do, so you have to be very creative. President Wolfert is also taking the UGA Elders out for the Summer, so now there will only be two missionaries serving at the branch. They do this every Summer because the work dies down a lot, and there simply is not enough work for two sets of missionaries.
We met with Fei again this week and the lesson went really well. We discussed the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We focused a lot on Repentance and Baptism because he didn't really feel like either of them were necessary. He wanted to know where in the Bible it talks about how being baptized is a commandment. He didn't think there was one, so we showed him John 3:5 where it talks about how you cannot enter into the Kingdom of God unless you have been baptized by water and by the Spirit. That cleared things up for him, and he wasn't as confused after that. He is a great guy. He told us we should take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to China. I had to chuckle inside, and then just tell him that the church is working on it. Someday we'll get there :)
President Wolfert came to our district meeting on Tuesday to give a training on what we learned from Elder Gavarett. This was the second time my companions and I sat through it because he did the same one at the trainer-trainee meeting. I felt like I got a lot out of it the first time, but this time I got so much more. I loved it! Again, I got an even greater excitement for going out and breaking my chain of limitation by inviting more people to be baptized. This was truly and inspired training.
Well, not much else to report on this week. I have attached some pictures as more of a summary for the week. I had heard of Sorority's and Fraternity's before, but I never really thought they existed outside of movies until I came here. They are EVERYWHERE! We are constantly surrounded by students wearing their Sorority/Fraternity shirts with the Greek alphabet on them, and the other day we were walking along and we decided we needed to make our own shirts. So we made ones that say Ne Phi :) Check out the picture. The Elders saw ours and loved the idea so much that they wanted us to make them some. The things missionaries come up with!
I hope you have a wonderful week!
With much love,
Sister Taylor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment