Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brain gone, be back next week, hopefully!

Hello Everyone,

It was fantastic being able to skype my family yesterday. It's interesting to see how much everyone has grown and changed. Plus, an added bonus of getting to see my nephew, Jackson, for the first time. Unfortunately, what was missing and what would have been the topping on the cake was my better half. I still love you, Hermana Taylor, even though I didn't get to hear your voice or see your face.

With the excitement of getting to see ya'll, I forgot to fulfill a promise I made to a member. So now I must fulfill it via e-mail. Mom, thank you for loaning your daughter to the people of Georgia. They thank you for it! I also forgot to tell you how much I love you, and am grateful for the life you have given me and the way you have raised me. I appreciate everything you have done for me throughout my life.

This has been a great week! We had six investigators at church yesterday; Mirian Sr, Genesis, Mirian Jr, Jackie, Enrique, and Robert. They all loved it! I've said it before, and I'm going to keep saying it...the spirit of the Temple is going forth throughout Georgia, and miracles are happening. We are meeting so many people, and our teaching pool is bigger than ever. Everytime we turn around we have a new person to teach. We have been focusing a lot on the kids-Mirian, Genesis, Valerie, Jackie, Alex, Enrique, Aldehir, and Julio. It's a lot of kids, but they will be the kingdom builders. They are on fire and love to come to activities, church, and they LOVE hearing our message. Julio is set to be baptized on May 21st. I am excited for him.

We finally got in touch with a referral we got from the temple. Her name is Betsy, and she marked on a card that she wanted to receive church materials. We dropped by her house one day with all the materials we had to see what she would like. At first she was not going to let us in. She said she was busy and that she didn't have the time to talk to us right then. So we explained that we were just there to drop off some info for her. We started to show her some of the pamphlets and videos we had, and she then invited us in. We ended up staying for over an hour. She spouted off a bunch of questions, and we answered them for her and had some good discussions. She was very interested. Betsy has three young children and wants them to grow up with good standards. Her neighbor is the ward mission leader, and he is the one that took her to the temple. She was recently baptized into the Lutheran church, but she considers herself non-denominational. She believes a lot of the same things we do, and likes what she has been hearing. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and she was extremely interested in that. We told her about how Christ visited the America's, and that caught her attention. We left with her all of the materials we had, and she is excited to start studying it. I love Betsy!

The gospel of Jesus Christ is great! It brings so many people together, and brings me the peace and comfort I need in this hectic and crazy world in which we live. Knowing that I will be able to live with my family forever in the kingdom of my Heavenly Father brings me the greatest joy.

A lot happened this week, and I cannot seem to think of stuff to write! Pretty sure I've been losing brain cells with this sinus infection that I have. Hopefully next week my brain will be back and ready to work.

I love ya'll!
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment