Hello family and friends,
The best news I can give to you, you all probably know...I'm an aunt!!! I'm pretty excited about that. Just call me Aunt Sister Taylor :) I can't wait to see pictures of the little man.
Yesterday I finally gave my talk. It was on the Plan of Salvation and Atonement. I was supposed to speak in Sacrament last month, but due to Stake Conference and Fast Sunday it was pushed back a few weeks. All week during my personal study I was writing it, and it just was not coming along. But it finally did, and it went well. I'm glad it's over with though. I hate speaking in front of people. On a positive note, we had 4 investigators at church yesterday. Doris (an elderly woman we met while tracting one of my first days here) came to see me speak. We have been visiting her about once a week since we met her. She surprised us by calling on Saturday and asking when we were coming over (we didn't plan on stopping by that day). She said she wanted to show us her outfit. I was a little confused at first. I didn't know what she was talking about and why she would want us to come over just to see an outfit. But we said we would be there in 30 minutes. We arrive and she opens the door wearing a pretty blue dress. She wanted us to come over and see if what she was wearing was appropriate for church. Impressive...no one ever cares enough to have us come over to make sure what they were wearing was good. She said she didn't want to embarass us. haha. I wouldn't have been embrassed even if she came in jeans and a tee shirt. We just wanted her to be there. Anyway, she came for all three hours and enjoyed it.
Ruby also came with her great-granddaughter. She came a couple weeks ago when my companion was sick and we weren't there. So it was good to actually see them there. Her great-granddaughter is 5 and really enjoys Primary. Brittony and Paige came as well. Brittony's dad (Brother Stanley, who I've mentioned before) spoke after me. His talk was about missionary work and was really good. He even sang in the middle of his talk :) Paige is our investigator who has been coming to church since she was 8. We have been teaching her the lessons, and got to teach her two this past week. She's a sweetheart, and has such a strong testimony. She even goes to early morning seminary. Now that's commitment!
The lesson with Heather this past week went really well. She was very receptive, and loved everything we were saying. This girl is so amazing! She was Miss Georgia and other exciting titles that unfortunately I can't remember right now. But anyway, she has been in lots of pageants. She paints really pretty flower pictures on canvas too. I seriously think there's nothing she can't do. She is the sweetest girl you will ever meet.
The weather this week has been quite bipolar. For two days straight it was raining and just looked disgusting outside. But the next day it was beautiful. The weather was abslutely perfect. It was warm and sunny, and just gorgeous out. It is starting to warm up though, which is good. It can get really cold here. Not that i'm looking forward to the heat and humidity, but I am looking forward to all the green. There are trees everywhere! Miles and miles of beautiful trees. I love nature.
On Saturday we had a Relief Society Birthday Party. I'm not sure how old the Relief Society is now, but I'm grateful it had it's birthday :) There were 5 crafts we could choose from and we got to do two. Everything was so cute, it was hard making a decision. They made pillow cases, family home evening assignment boards, blocks to decorate spelling out the word H.O.M.E., familes are forever plaques, and a temple picture block with ribbon. I chose to do the last two. The best part though was getting to know the Relief Society sisters. I met one who decorates cakes. She made a hiking backpack for a grooms cake for someone in the ward last year and is now going to make the Georgia Bulldogs football stadium for another grooms cake. Apparently she's pretty talented. I love the organizations in the church...Young Women's was wonderful, and Relief Society is just as wonderful.
Jesus Christ lives! He is my Savior and Redeemer. The Book of Mormon is true. Read it, pray about it, learn from it. Don't forget to share your testimony with those you come in contact with, and have a blessed week!
I love you all,
Sister Becca Taylor
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment