Becca has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North mission. She will be gone from December 29, 2010-July 19, 2012. Her mom will be updating this blog frequently with the letters she sends home. Her most curent mission address will also be added as a post, if you wish to send her a letter-which she would LOVE!





Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello from Loganville

Hello family and friends,

Let me just start off by saying I love the Book of Mormon, and it's a good thing that I do. The past two days I have been stuck in the apartment, left to do what?! Nothing but read, eat, sleep, and think. My poor companion was super sick. So while she slept, I read and read and read. I got through 52 chapters in the Book of Mormon. If you know me well, you know that I hate reading, and cannot do it for more than an hour at a time. But I did it! Yippee! I made it a personal goal to finish the Book of Mormon by the time of the Atlanta Temple open house (April 9) So that gave me two months to read it. Now i'm pretty sure i'll be done reading half-way through March. That's exciting! Then I can start on the New and Old Testaments. My mission President came out and told us the other day that as a mission we were going to start and finish the Book of Mormon by the time of the Temple dedication (May 1) but obviously, i'm a "little" bit ahead. Oh, and if you're wondering what the miracle of the week was...it's that I didn't get sick! Thank you Mom and Dad for making me get the flu shot. haha.

This week we have been focusing mainly on the members of the ward. More specifically the less-active members. We haven't had much luck finding people who will let us come back and teach, so we have been going to the people who the missionaries say they have never met. Elder and Sister Tuinei (Senior missionary couple who finished their mission) gave us a long list of people they never met, but were on the list of less-actives. We have been going to those houses, and have had quite a bit of luck in finding them. They all let us come in and are super friendly. We're currently teaching one family. They have a 10 year old daughter who hasn't been baptized, so we're working on her.

We met a lady named Ruby Mitchell, who has had lessons from missionaries in the past, and has even referred people to our church. She feels like now is the time to listen, because we found her in an interesting way. She feels like the Lord put us in her path. So true! Anyway, the day we met her she invited herself and her great-granddaughter to church before we even had the chance to. She came to all three hours of church yesterday, which is amazing. She said she felt like she was coming home. We have an appointment set up for this week to teach her, I'm sure it will go well. :)

Transfer calls came today. I was so nervous about them. They usually come Sunday night, but they told us yesterday morning that we would have to wait until this morning for them. Ugh! Making a missionary wait for the transfer call is just mean. I did not want to leave Loganville, and neither did my companion. We were pretty sure we'd both be staying since we just opened the area. Anyway, long story short...we were super anxious, and were so relieved when the call actually came. I am staying in Loganville, and so is my companion. Actually, no one in my district is leaving. The Monroe ward keeps the same four missionaries. Hopefully they like us :)

Still waiting anxiously to find out when I'm an aunt. I hope all is well, and that everyone is enjoying life. I sure am. We get to have a zone "p" day today. A lot of Elders from my zone are being transferred, so I guess I'll be meeting them and then saying goodbye. haha. I really don't know very many of the missionaries in my area yet. Oh, well. In time I'm sure I'll get to meet them all.

I know that the Lord's hand is in this work. It is His work. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He made it possible for me to be able to return to live with my Father in Heaven, and my family again. The Plan of Salvation is God's plan for us. It truly is the plan of HAPPINESS! The Book of Mormon is true. I know that when you read it, you will gain a testimony for yourself of the truthfulness of it. "The path is straight, and narrow is the way". If we follow God's commandments, we will never be led astray. We can stay on the path that has been prepared for us. We can be forgiven of ALL our sins. It doesn't matter how many mistakes we make or how bad they may seem, we can and will be forgiven if we truly repent. Christ is waiting for us with open arms, wondering when we will come to Him. Now is the time. Draw near unto Him.

Love you long time!
Sister Taylor (Becca)

No comments:

Post a Comment