1. Joseph Smith
2. Family and good church leaders
3. My love for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
1. I know that I am where I am today because a 14 year old boy went into the woods to pray. It is because of his faith and answered prayers that I have faith to know my prayers will be answered. I know he is a Prophet of God. He restored the church to this earth. He translated the Book of Mormon, and I am grateful to him for that.
2. I have had countless outstanding examples growing up. My parents have always been there to show me which path to choose. They have always been there to support, encourage, and lead. My siblings have all helped me in different-yet equally important ways. Jordan was a great example to me when he chose to get married in the Temple. Alyssa reads her scriptures and prays daily, and always strives to do what's right. Josh and Cassidy love to learn, and are good examples in that way. They teach me by example, the importance of learning. My Grandma teaches me to be good, strong, and wise. She has a tremendous amount of faith, and shows it in her daily actions. My Grandpa-through his example-taught me about the importance of faith. By his amazing example, he also taught me that love for family is of great value and importance. Each and every one of my Young Women's leaders showed me my worth to my Savior. I have been tremendously blessed to grow up with so many wonderful influences. Because of them, I realized my desire to serve a mission at a young age. I am so grateful for the Stake Patriarch, for being an instrument in the Lords hands, and for giving me my Patriarchal Blessing-my "liahona", my guide. I am so grateful for the many bishops I have had over the years. Especially for Bishop Leavitt, Bishop Wallace, Bishop Bishop, Bishop Brown, Bishop Thompson, and Bishop Redmond. They have all been great examples to me. They have made me want to become better. Friends have also played a huge part in my life. Through college, I have made so many wonderful friends who are my shining examples. I'm grateful to everyone that has encouraged and helped me in any way.
3. I have grown up surrounded by so many influences of the gospel. My love for my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ, has grown so much over the years. My life is truly centered around the gospel. Everything I do is centered around my standards, and what I know to be true and right. I know who I am and who I want to become. I know my Redeemer lives. I know He loves me. He knows me personally, and He wants me to be happy. I can't wait to share my love of the Savior with those of the scattered of Israel. I can't wait to share with them the peace the gospel brings to my life. I'm excited to build a stronger relationship with my Heavenly Father. I love Him with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment